This document sets out the contractual obligations of end customers regarding the acceptable use of Snapt’s products, platforms and services from time to time. If you need more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Purpose and Acknowledgement
This Acceptable Use Policy ("Policy") sets out the requirements for acceptable use of the Snapt software, applications, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) offerings and platforms (collectively, “Software and Services”) offered by Snapt, Inc., Snapt Systems (RF) (Pty) Ltd and/or their affiliates from time to time (collectively, “Snapt”).
By accessing or using the Software and Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to comply with the terms of this Policy. Capitalized terms used herein and not otherwise defined herein have the meaning set forth in the Agreement, Service-Specific Terms and other policies applicable to the Software and Services. You agree to ensure that there is no breach, compromise or violation, by you and your affiliates, and your or their employees, consultants, agents, customers, suppliers or independent contractors of this policy, and you will be liable and responsible for any such non-compliance.
2. Restrictions, Limitations, Misuse
The following restrictions and limitations apply to your access to and use of the Software and Services. Violations of any of the following shall be deemed a misuse of the Software and Services (“Misuse”):
- You agree to use the Software and Services in accordance with the applicable End User Licence Agreement and/or Terms of Service (as applicable) from time to time.
- You agree to comply with any and all your payment obligations that may apply in relation to your access and/or use Software and Services from time to time.
- You agree to use the Software and Services or lawful purposes only.
- You will not and will not allow a third party (including, but not limited to, your affiliates) to:
- copy, modify, sell, sub-license, rent, or transfer the Software and Services to any third party;
- attempt to defeat, circumvent or disable any copyright protection mechanism in the Software and Services;
- modify, distribute, alter, or tamper with the Software and Services;
- use, or permit access to, the Software and Services separately to operate in or as a time-sharing, outsourcing, service bureau, application service provider, or managed service provider environment;
- reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Software and Services or apply any other process or procedure to derive the source code of any software included in the Software and Services (except to the extent applicable legal requirements don’t allow this restriction, and then only after you have given us notice and an opportunity to resolve any interoperability issues);
- access or use any Software or Services in a way intended to avoid incurring fees or exceeding usage limits or quotas;
- introduce any infringing, obscene, libelous, or otherwise unlawful data or material into the Software and Services; or
- remove, obscure, or alter any intellectual property right or confidentiality notices or legends appearing in or on any aspect of any the Software and Services.
- Without limitation to the clauses above, the conduct deemed by us to be inappropriate, improper or harmful to our reputation, network, or the Software and Services and therefore prohibited when using the Software and Services, include (but are not limited to):
- causing, aiding, encouraging, or facilitating any end user to point to or otherwise direct traffic to any content that violates applicable legal requirements;
- using, encouraging, aiding or facilitating the use of the Software and Services to (including by pointing to web sites or locations that) create, transmit, distribute or store material that: violates trademark, patent, copyright, trade secret or other intellectual property laws; violate the privacy, publicity or other personal rights of others, include tools designed for compromising security (including but not limited to password guessing programs, cracking tools or network probing tools); violate any applicable legal requirements related to export control, data protection or anti-terrorism regulations; or impair the privacy of communications; or
- attempting to penetrate or manipulate, or encourage, aid or facilitate the penetration or manipulation of, the security features of the Software and Services or any other system (including but not limited to unauthorized access to or use of data, systems or networks, probing, scanning or testing the vulnerability of a system or network, breaching security authentication measures, unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic, interfering with the service of any user, host or network by any means; forging any part of a packet or message header).
3. Remedies for Violations
In addition to our other rights and remedies under the Policy, End User Licence and/or Terms of Service from time to time, we may immediately (and without prior notice) suspend or terminate the End User Licence and/or Terms of Service or your access to the Software and Services, if we reasonably believe that
With respect to the foregoing, we may notify appropriate law enforcement agencies of any violation of this Policy. You will fully cooperate with us, and any law enforcement agencies we request, to resolve any such violation.
- you may have committed or may be about to commit one or more acts of Misuse; and/or
- your continued use of the Software and Services violate applicable legal requirements or will compromise or have an adverse impact on our network, systems, technology or intellectual property rights, and/or
- it is necessary to mitigate any damage or liability resulting from a violation of this Policy.
We reserve the right to modify or replace this Policy at any time and in our sole discretion. We will indicate at the top of this Policy the date of last update. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting the revised version on the Portal (or a successor website) or such later effective date as may be indicated at the top of the revised Policy. Your continued use of the Software and Services following the posting of any changes to this Policy, or by refraining from such use but not notifying us of termination of the Agreement within 10 days of such effective date, will constitute your acceptance of such changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you must stop using the Software and Services. In addition, we may provide other methods by which you may accept this Policy (or subsequent changes). It is your responsibility to check the Portal regularly for modifications to this Policy.